Applications to ECA 2018 are now closed.
About the Course
For the last five years, ECA has provided successful candidates with the insight, knowledge and skills to translate their pioneering research from the laboratory to the pharmaceutical market place. The 2018 course will continue to deliver these key skills and insights in an intensive and interactive way, and will take place at the INSEAD campus on 15-19 October. The course schedule, which has been practised and refined, will include:
- The drug development process, from initiation through to investigational new drug application
- Understanding the business potential of research
- Obtaining and defending intellectual property
- Assessing financial value
- Pitching a business plan for investors and partners
The ECA course is a unique way to learn the language of business from a scientist’s perspective, and is open to European clinical academic professionals currently involved in an immunology or inflammatory research programme who are interested in gaining the awareness required to progress innovative molecules to market. Throughout the week, successful candidates will be working in groups to apply their learning and build a business plan for a case study drug.